Ingredients for soup:
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 long carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cartons of vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans made from scratch or canned (Low sodium or no sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked lentils from scratch (any kind works)
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 2-3 cups of fresh Swiss chard or spinach/kale (higher calcium and Iron content
- Additional seasonings of your choice: Garlic salt, rosemary, oregano, etc.
In a large sauce pan combine the first four ingredients along with the basil leaves and any additional seasoning. Cook on medium heat for 20 min until vegetables are soft. Then add the black beans, lentils, and 2-3 cups of Swiss chard and cook for another 20 min.
Garlic Bread Recipe coming soon!