- 1 sweet potato-baked and chopped
- 1 cup of green onions-finely sliced (for garnish)
- 2 cups of tofu-not cooked
- 1 jar of plum sauce
- 1 jar of hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 2 peppers (one red and one yellow)-chopped
- 1/2 cup of kale-tear the kale, don’t chop. Doing so preserves the nutrients
- 2 tbsp of black and white sesame seeds-for garnish
- 2 tbsp chia seeds-for garnish
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need two (12 serving) muffin tin pans-greased.
In a pan on medium heat add the olive oil along with the two cups of tofu, minced garlic, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Cook about 6 minutes on each side. Be careful not to burn the tofu. Next add in the two chopped peppers followed by one jar of hoisin sauce. Take off heat and mix until well combined, add the kale-set mixture aside. Next, add the wonton wrappers to the greased muffin tin pans (adding one wonton wrapper to each muffin tin). Coat each one of the wonton wrappers in plum sauce. Put muffin tins with wonton wrappers in the oven for 10 minutes to cook a little before adding the tofu mixture. After 10 minutes add the tofu mixture to each wonton in the muffin tin pans. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes. Depending on how crunchy you prefer them to be you may need to cook them for longer. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and chia seeds. Enjoy!