- 3 cups brown rice flour + 1/2 cup for filling mixture
- 1 apple-pureed with 1 tsp cinnamon added into the pureed mixture
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter-melted + 1/4 cup for filling
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp raw honey-or organic + 2 tbsp for cake pan
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg-you can omit the egg and add additional chia seeds then what is required
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water-whisk well in a separate bowl before adding to other liquid mixture
- 1 cup dates-chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar + 3 tbsp for cake pan +1/3 cup for filling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar-you may omit and use the coconut sugar instead
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger-grated
- Powdered sugar for garnish or unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need a bunt cake pan.
In a medium sized bowl combine flour, coconut sugar, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, and salt-mix until well combined. Next add the liquids in a separate bowl (egg, chia seeds, coconut oil, butter, sour cream, honey, and pureed apple). Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Spray the bunt cake pan with cooking oil and coat the bottom with the remaining honey and coconut sugar. Add in the chopped dates followed by one layer of the cake mixture. Now it is time to add the filling to the mixture. Add the remaining cake batter-sprinkle the top with cinnamon and grated ginger. Bake for 30-40 minutes and enjoy!
For Filing Mixture:
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cinnamon as needed
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
Kneed with you fingers and a fork until small clumps start to form. Set aside-this will be the filling in the middle of the cake.
For the Avocado Glaze:
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened vanilla almond milk-add more if needed
- 1/4 cup avocado-pureed
-I am currently working on a non-powdered sugar glaze!