- 2 cups brown rice flower
- 1/4 tsp baking powder and soda
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash-roasted in oven for 70 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 1 cup dates-soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 chia egg replacement-please see replacements
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- dash of sea salt
- 1 cup of gluten free oats- mixed with cinnamon for topping
Directions: If you don’t have a mixer you may also hand mix the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixer combine butternut squash, dates, chia seed mixture, honey, maple syrup, unsweetened almond milk, and vanilla. Make sure the butternut squash and dates are mixed until they are pureed (approximately 5-10 minutes). Next, add the brown rice flour, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, all spice, cloves, and a dash of sea salt. Finally, add the oats to the muffins and bake in large muffin pans (makes 6) for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!