- 1 beet-baked in the oven for 70 minutes.
- 1 cup of dates-soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour-for those with celiac disease use brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp butter-melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil/or coconut oil
- dash of pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 cup of cacao paste-melted (using a double broiler or microwave)
- 1/2 cup of carob chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 chi seed “egg replacement”-please see “replacements” section for directions
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast the beet in the oven for 70 minutes prior to the start of the recipe. Once the beets have cooked and cooled, using a food processor, blend until the beets are pureed.
In a mixing bowl combine the dates, pureed beets, pure maple, honey, vanilla, melted cacao paste, eggs, olive/coconut oil, and butter. Mix for 5 minutes. In a separate bowl combine the two types of flour, baking powder/soda, pink salt, coconut sugar. Slowly on low speed at the dry mixture to the wet. Lastly add the chia seed egg replacement. Bake for 35-45 minutes on 350 degrees. Let cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!
For more information on beets please visit my page “The Truth about Fruits and Vegetables”!