- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- 1 beet, sliced-3/4 beet for the bowl and 1/4 for the cashew sauce
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 cup of brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hr.
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- dash of pepper and himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup of water, for the cashew sauce
- 2 cups of water for the quinoa
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees
On a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking oil, add the chopped sweet potatoes, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, asparagus spears, and the sliced beets. Coat all evenly with olive oil and garlic, be sure to spread them all out so they all bake evenly (you may need 2 baking sheets). Place in the oven for 1 hour at 375 degrees, turn the vegetables over half-way through. While the vegetables are cooking, start cooking the quinoa in a small sauce pan, this generally takes ~20-30 minutes.
Finally, in a frying pan on medium high, cook the mushrooms for ~10-15 minutes with a little bit of olive oil.
Cashew Sauce (you will need 2 slices of the cooked beet for this part):
In a blender or using a hand immersion blender, add 3/4 cup cashews, 2 slices of the cooked beets, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, curry, cilantro, and 1/2-1 cup of water (depending on how thick you want the sauce to be). Blend or 5+ minutes. Once the sauce is ready you may now assemble your anti-inflammatory bowl. Place the quinoa on the bottom of the bowl, then add all of the vegetables around the bowl. Lastly, drizzle the beet cashew sauce on top. Enjoy!