Servings: ~12+ muffins
- 1 3/4 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp+ cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- Dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter-at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup+ of dates (soak for 1 hour prior)
- 1/2-3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper puree*** please see below for recipe on roasted red pepper puree
- 1/4 cup+ unsweetened almond milk
Ingredients for Red Pepper Puree:
- 1/2 of one red pepper-feel free to use more if you like red peppers
Directions: Oven will need to be set to low broil for the red pepper. Once the pepper is done preheat the oven to 325 degrees for the muffins.
Roast the red peppers on a baking sheet coated with little olive oil. Roast for ~15-20 minutes until soft (don’t burn them). Once they are done set aside and let cool. Next mix in all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and set a side (both flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg, all spice and ginger.
In a separate bowl mix together butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, pumpkin puree and olive oil. Using a blender, mixer or hand immersion blender, puree the dates that have been soaking for 1 hour (make sure the pits are removed). After the dates have been pureed do the same with the roasted red pepper. Add both the dates and pepper to the liquid mixture and mix all together. Finally add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold in gently. In a lightly greased muffin pan coated with olive oil or cooking spray, divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins. Bake at 325 degrees for ~25-30 minutes. Sprinkle almond meal over the finished product if desired. Enjoy!