- Wonton Wrappers, note: these are not Gluten-free. If you are GF, purchase a GF Wonton Wrapper available at the sore or create your own.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, I used dried beans and cooked my own. You may also use canned low or no sodium black beans. Make sure if they are canned that you rinse them off before you add them to the mixture.
- 2 cups kale, washed and teared into small pieces, this preserves the nutrients in the kale
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 jar of hoisin sauce (currently working on making own version to reduce the amount of sugar)!
- 1/2-1 jar sweet and sour sauce (also working on making own version of this).
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil for baking the sweet potato
Directions: Preheat oven to 350
Bake the sweet potato in the oven on a baking sheet with olive oil for ~1 hour.
While the sweet potato is baking, saute the chopped red onion, 2 chopped red peppers (chopped), olive oil and garlic in a medium sized pan on low-medium heat. This should take 10-15 minutes. Next add in the black beans followed by the kale and the hoisin sauce, set aside. Once the sweet potato is cooked and has cooled, cut the sweet potato into diced size pieces, keeping the skin on. This skin contains a majority of the nutrients. Add the sweet potatoes into the vegetable mixture.
Now it is time to prepare your wonton wrappers.
Photo taken by kattebelletje
Begin by lightly coating the wonton wraps with sweet and sour sauce. Add 1-2 spoon fulls of vegetable filling to the bottom corner of your wonton. Pull the corner up over the filling so it looks like the picture above. Next, you will take the two side corners and bring them into the center and fold the the entire wrap over until you reach the top corner (I will be adding additional pictures for this part). Place the wontons on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for ~25-30 minutes. Set aside and let cool, enjoy! If you would like the nutrition facts please email me at NutritionistontheRun@gmail.com.